This morning the Federal Circuit issued one precedential opinion in a patent case along with seven Rule 36 summary affirmances. Here is the introduction to the opinion and a list of the Rule 36 judgments.
Hospira, Inc. v. Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC (Precedential)
Hospira Inc. (“Hospira”) appeals from the judgment of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois that claim 6 of U.S. Patent 8,648,106 (“the ’106 patent”) is invalid as obvious. Hospira, Inc. v. Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC, 343 F. Supp. 3d 823 (N.D. Ill. 2018) (“Opinion”). Because we find that the district court’s factual findings were not clearly erroneous and that those findings support a conclusion of obviousness, we affirm.
Rule 36 Judgments
- CANVS Corporation v. Secretary of the Air Force
- Iridescent Networks, Inc. v. RPX Corp.
- Bestway (USA), Inc. v. Intex Marketing Ltd.
- Infineum International Limited v. Afton Chemical Corporation
- Coastal Industries, Inc. v. Shower Enclosures America, Inc.
- Telesign Corporation v. Twilio, Inc.
- Sorrells v. Department of Justice